News & Updates

Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)

Do you have a UW scholarship? You might need to apply for an ITIN.

Information Sessions

Optional Practical Training(OPT)

Wednesday, October 26, 3:30pm

Social Security Number

Are you starting a UW campus job soon?

Apply for a Social Security Number (SSN).

  • Who We Are: a professionally trained advising staff
  • What We Do: help students understand benefits and restrictions of F-1 and J-1 visa status, as well as changing to those statuses
  • How We Do It: by providing knowledgeable and empathetic advice to F-1 and J-1 students
  • How We Are Accessible: by phone, email, live chat, or in person, year round including quarter breaks, except for weekends and major holidays observed by the UW
  • This Site: includes general regulatory information, procedures, forms, and contact information
  • Our Sources: federal regulations and university policies
  • Our Goal: to provide support to UW international students so that they may reach their educational goals